This refurbished Barnstead Harvey Chemiclave EC5500 does not use steam to sterilize instruments, which will shorten their lifespan and cause rust over time. The Barnstead Harvey Chemiclave EC5500 uses Vapo-Steril®, a compound made up primarily of alcohol, to sterilize equipment. In turn your your tools never come into contact with steam, but you’ll be able to use them faster, too – no drying cycle is required with any Chemiclave unit.
A medium-sized, compactly-designed chemical autoclave unit, the Harvey Chemiclave MDT EC5500 makes a fine addition to any group in need of advanced but straightforward sterilization capabilities at a low, used sale price that won’t damage either their budget or their tools.
Barnstead Harvey Chemiclave MDT EC5500 Features:
- Manually controlled
- Compact size will fit on most counter-tops
- No drying cycle required
- Fast – up to 20 minutes quicker than similarly-sized steam sterilizers
- Preheating option to further reduce cycle time
- Chemical sterilizer – no damage to your tools over time like steam can and helps tools maintain sharp edges for longer
Barnstead Harvey Chemiclave MDT EC5500 Specifications:
- External Dimensions: 15 3/8”W X 10.5”H X 19.5”D
- Internal Chamber Size: 8”dia x 14”deep
- Fixed Cycle Parameter: 20 minutes at 132C
- Power Requirements: 110V
- Power Consumption: 800W